For some reason that is unknown to me, I decided I wanted to make a dress. I've been talking of blouses and even vests but here I am.
I gathered my supplies and resigned myself to waiting till I had free time ... and today, well I had some free time. I've finished the work I needed to have done by this weekend so instead of making a head start on the work I'll need to do after Animaga I decided I would start on this project.
|A case of glass pearls, I couldn't decide which yet to use for this project but they looked oh so pretty sitting there.|
I set out to alter our regular bodice pattern to match with the style I'd decided on in my sketches. I pretty much winged it and there's some things I'll do differently next time but for now it has worked nicely. You can see my sketches below. I think for the most part I'll stick to bodice two but I will shorten it, so it actually sits on my waist. As for the skirt, I think I've completely changed my mind and will just go for ruffles all around- I haven't gotten to that yet though so who knows if I will change my mind again. I figured that way I could make a removable overskirt some time if I felt like it.
Here is the bodice sans any extra decoration as it was completed today. Not pictured in my supplies picture are the lining fabric (I'm using a cream lining we had around .. not sure if it was the best idea) and a pink cotton that I used to interline rather than doubling up the pink fabric. The top half has the dot tulle as an overlay also.
I'm probably going to deviate again from my sketch with the decoration and go for a larger bow with some pearl details but I'm probably going to leave detailing until the dress is finished. I put my petticoat on the mannquin because it looked so so weird hanging on its own.
I really do not know when I will get to the skirt, depending on my motivation and time it could be tomorrow- it could be in a month! Either way, I'm pretty happy with how it's going so far, hopefully it all comes together okay, haha.
Thanks for looking~